© 2015 Folk Flute Academy
At Folk Flute Academy we now prepare this year’s summer courses: Three flute courses and Gunnar Stenmark’s (fully booked) flute making course.
The courses are suitable for those with previous experience of playing folk flutes who would like to learn folk tunes. The courses will also contain individual technique instructions.
This year, Kristiina Ilmonen from Sibeliusakademin/Helsingfors is our guest teacher 17-21/8. Instructors during the courses are:
- Göran Månsson, Kim Persson and Steinar Ofsdal (15-17/8),
- Göran Månsson, Mats Berglund and Dan Lundberg (17-19/8),
- Göran Månsson, Mats Berglund and Jonas Simonson (19-21/8).
They will teach you tunes from Jämtland, Härjedalen, Medelpad and Norway. You will be playing a variety of flutes provided by Gunnar for the course. The flutes that you will be using are Härjedals– or Månmarkapipa in A and Offerdals– or Åspipa in G. During the course you will have the opportunity to order or buy flutes to discount prices.
The courses include ensemble sessions as well as individual instructions with Göran, who will help you to advance your playing skills.
“Mon”, where the course will be held, is situated in scenic Kölsillre, Haverö, in the Western part of Medelpad, Sweden.
- Price: 3 000 SEK (Course 15-17 August, Course 17-19 Aug/ Course 19-21 Aug/ Flute making course 18-21 Aug), including accommodation and meals
- Maximum number of participants: 15
- Last day of application: July 1, 2016